Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My engine is bouncing like a mexican jumping bean HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My engine is bouncing like a mexican jumping bean HELP!!!

So I took my car to the local tranny shop to have a new clutch installed, and I got it back and started noticing the engine wasnt nearly as loud as it had been when I took it there. I drove it around a bit and the engine is hesitant, it sounds uneven and when at idle looking at it, its hopping around and bouncing like a jumping bean which it definitely didn't do before. I think its weird that this all happened after a clutch swap. I think i have a cylinder or two missing or something but I need some help on troubleshooting. Thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Teching In

is the jumping clutch chatter once just getting started that your talking about? or do you mean all the time?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is it just have a bad idle or does it just run like total crap?

Also i noticed your cammed, is the clutch & fly you put in lighter then what you had?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:51 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is not firing cylinders you will hear and feel it. It should be relatively obvious. I would check with the simple things first like the plug wires are connected to the plugs and coils. From there I would make sure all the coils are plugged in, etc.. I recently heard of a shop sandwhiching the stock wiring between the transmission and the engine causing a no start situation.

If your ignition checks out I would see if they messed with your motor mounts any. Perhaps they needed to shift the engine some and didn't reinstall them correctly. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Teching In

If your SES light comes on check the code. I recently had a cylinder 5 misfire and it turned out to be a plug wire that came loose. Check both ends and make sure they are tight. They could have bumped something when your car was in the shop. Mine was idling like it had a racing cam in it. Good luck.

Last edited by wingsfan4ever; 07-18-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quick Reply: My engine is bouncing like a mexican jumping bean HELP!!!