Sponsored by:

No oil pressure - Any Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oil pressure - Any Ideas

1985 C4 Corvette LS1 Transplant

I got a major issue. Not registering oil pressure on the aftermarket electric gauge or a Matco oil pressure tester.

2001 LS1 out of a Z28 - stock bottom. Only addition to bottom is a Texas speed, high volume oil pump and aftermarket timing chain. Full autometer aftermarket electric gauges. The oil pressure gauge is not registering. We checked with a manual gauge at the factory LS1 sensor position; then we checked at the plate located near the oil filter with a manual gauge - no reading. When we pulled the LS1 factory oil pressure sender, we observed oil splashing, but there is no oil pressure registering on an analog gauge.

The way we primed the oil system was by unhooking the coil pack and turning the car over. We did this several times (over 30 seconds). We then fired the car and let it run for 5 seconds. When that failed, we turned it over again with the coil pack unhooked and we never got oil pressure.

We tested the power at the gauge and it was getting power. We also, grounded the sender and it maxed the gauges.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ran into same problem, cranking the engine over or even starting it for short time will not get the pump primed. take front cover off, take cover off of oil pump. pack full of assembly grease, shoot some oil down the pickup tube and reassemble. then you will get oil psi. i fought and fought this issue and doing this cured my no oil psi.