Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9 Head Q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LQ9 Head Q's

I have a lq9 that I building for my budget swap. I have put countless hours of research into what heads to go with. I dont have the money at the time to put a set of ported heads on so some sort of factory heads are going on the engine. If I went with LS3 heads it would be a benifit to have them milled to increase compression but I could also mill the stock 317's to increase compression. I am willing and understand that either decision will require me to flycut the piston with any decent sized cam. The car will be street driven some but built more for the track.

So the question is it worth it to buy the heads and extra supporting parts for the LS3 set up.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

whats your budget for the heads? L92's when cammed right make nice power but you do need some supporting parts. if you already have the cathedral stuff it would be a much cheaper option since rockers, intake ,ect are already there. if your looking for a set of ported stockers, let me know. i have a set we could deal on
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

I've seen the l92 results and impressed but most bigger hp numbers seem to have been milled. 500-600 bucks is what I'm looking to spend on the heads. I understand that the l92/ls3 heads will require some supporting stuff but that doesnt deture me. I dont have any cathedral stuff right now other than a set of 317's.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chuckels
I've seen the l92 results and impressed but most bigger hp numbers seem to have been milled. 500-600 bucks is what I'm looking to spend on the heads. I understand that the l92/ls3 heads will require some supporting stuff but that doesnt deture me. I dont have any cathedral stuff right now other than a set of 317's.
the milling seems to be the key like you said. flycutting becomes necessary but it isn't a big deal (i did mine). the l92's seem like the way to go if you have the budget for them. i have a set of cnc'd 243's already set up with springs and such that i would let go for a little more than your $500-$600 budget. it may be an option if you have an intake already and want to stay close to your budget