Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

243 Head rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 243 Head rebuild

Im about to get some 243 heads off a GTO. They only have 50k on them. I plan on getting the heads port and polish and plan to match my custom cam. What should i replace on the heads? Do i need to valves, springs, etc. Or should i be fine? Do they sale those light weight valves that everyone talks about? Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on the setup. Definitely going to need springs. It's a good idea to replace seals while you have them off. However, some springkits like the PRC springkits will come with everything needed for a spring swap including new seals. There are lightweight valves you can put in, but you more than likely wouldn't ever tell a difference if you put them in or a basic stainless valve. If you are looking for a place to do the CNC work, we can do that for you as well. Let me know some more info. about your combo and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!
Jon
Old 07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot Jon. Do you sell those spring kits and valves? As far as my future combo, i cant do to much because of california. But my plans are L/T, 243 heads, and a custom cam. I got a Vig. 3500 Stall with a shift kit, LS6 intake. My plan is to match the Cam to the Stall and heads as close as possible. do you also make custom cams?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 243 Head rebuild