Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anymore to be gained from porting

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 10:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anymore to be gained from porting

a set of AFR heads since major R&D went into designing these things. Will there be such a thing as them being "cleaned up" (CNC version) and should one pay for that? Would touching them help or hurt them. The way i see it the only thing that needs to be done other than bolt them on is the mill them to get the desired compression ratio. What are you alls thoughts on this?
Old 01-21-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
a set of AFR heads since major R&D went into designing these things. Will there be such a thing as them being "cleaned up" (CNC version) and should one pay for that? Would touching them help or hurt them. The way i see it the only thing that needs to be done other than bolt them on is the mill them to get the desired compression ratio. What are you alls thoughts on this?
They are CNC ported which leaves litle grooves that disflow airflow....if u can get a pair cheaply cleaned I say why the hell not..for another 200-300 a set u could pick up 10 or so CFM....which big dog buys cnc'd heads and not clean them up to smooth out the air flow.....