Sponsored by:

flashing on new pistons

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default flashing on new pistons

Hey,

I got my pistons in this week and while checking them over I noticed then have a little flashing left over from the machining process. Its not a big deal but just wanted to bring this to peoples attention. If/when you get new pistons (or really any part for that matter), CHECK IT. Sometimes things get misses/overlooked and what would have been a small inconvineance (like these little aluminum shavings) could cause some BIG problems when your new $7K+ motor goes together.

I have a pic of the flashing but can't post it (don't have a web site). Could someone put it up for me?
Old 01-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

I would just remove the flashing and rewash teh pistons. Sometimes teh machining process leaves a little behind. Who manufactured the pistons? It's no big deal to remove the flashing.

Good luck
Old 01-25-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
I would just remove the flashing and rewash teh pistons. Sometimes teh machining process leaves a little behind. Who manufactured the pistons? It's no big deal to remove the flashing.

Good luck

thats pretty much what I was saying in my post. I have already cleaned the flashing off and rewashed them but I just wanted to let OTHERS know that this does happen and to be careful.