Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8 vs 5.3 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont go the exspensive way get a 6.0l , leave the bottom end stock except for the rod bolts if you want to spin it passed 6200 and if your on a budget get the asa cam with the ls6 valve spings that are increadibly cheep with pushrods and shave the heads to get 10.5 to 10.8cr and believe me they go , i have built two of these one is carburated and the other efi , add all that up and it is very cheep for what you get really, Eric
Old 09-03-2010, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

I never said anything about cheap, but thanks for all the suggestions. This definitely gives me ideas on which way to go with the motor
Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BoostJunkieXL
I never said anything about cheap, but thanks for all the suggestions. This definitely gives me ideas on which way to go with the motor
I know what you mean , you just have to figure out what you want to do with the set up , but think ahead because you will always want to rework it down the line , my friend has the carburated 6.0 i am talking about and he is running the gm asa cam with ls6 spings with comp pushrods with an 11 to 1 CR and this winter he is installing new rod bolts and main bolts so he can spin it higher and i am going to work his heads , we installed this in an 81 firebird with the Hawks conversion headers ( beautiful pieces ) and a gmpp intake with a 650 holley on top with msd ignition and this thing goes like hell and it sounds increadible , were going to have it dynoed in the spring but who cares about numbers like i told him because it is all about seat of the pants for me anyways , the whole setup including the used LQ4 6.0 cost him no more than 3500 apart from the headers that are expensive but worth every cent believe me we swaped them out in the spring instead of the original exaust manifolds apart from the extra hp the sound alone was worth the money , for the price you cant beat it , i believe with the headers and a bit of head work this winter and spinning it a bit higher it will put down 550, at the motor for sure with a lot of torque, imagine my friend was old school with a small build 350 before we poped this in , took alot of work to convince him but he is crazy as hell now , Eric

Quick Reply: 4.8 vs 5.3 Questions