Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All TTY bolts in the engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default All TTY bolts in the engine

Ok guys I'm doing a stock rebuild on my ls1 and I'm wondering what bolts can I reuse specifically ones from the bottom end. I kno the head bolts and crank bolt have to be replaced however I've heard the rod bolts can be reused 3 times which is fine I'm debating the arps just for peace of mind as I hear theyre weak. However I keep getting mixed signals on the main studs and bolts I dont see why they wouldnt be reuseable but some people say they arent and others say they are. I'm really not in the mood to spend 200 bucks on arps for a stock rebuild so if anyone could tell me definitively if they are I'd appreciate it.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock main bolts are re-usable. Consider getting an ls hi-perf book, they usually say whats re-usable and whats not. My Motorbooks ls book says all the torque specs of all the stock, updated stock, and aftermarket bolts available. Quite useful.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is, of course, the middle-ground option of buying new TTY GM bolts, which is more expensive than resusing the old ones but presumably cheaper that going to all ARPs.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkman
There is, of course, the middle-ground option of buying new TTY GM bolts, which is more expensive than resusing the old ones but presumably cheaper that going to all ARPs.
I do plan on buying new tty head bolts and such but I cant find anyone that carries the mains and rods. Also I've witnessed a lot and done a cuple engine rebuild and have yet to see the stock bolts that arent TTY thrown away just because theyve been used once unless the motor was built up then arp's were used..