Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP pulley-new oil pump-Rollmast. ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP pulley-new oil pump-Rollmast. ????

need heads-up on cam install potential roadblocks.with rollmaster double with bearing do you need to shim oil pump???[what ever that means??] and do you need to cut the ASP underdrive 30 thou. ??? this is on an f-body and the pulley is about 4 months old from MTI, any help thks. lots.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

i didn't have to machine my pully for my corvette with the rollmaster
Old 02-06-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had to shim mine when i installed it But when you do it, just test fit it and see if it works without shimming it, some do, some don't. Now as far as the pulley, it's the same way, some do and some don't. I didn't have to grind any off of mine

Good luck
Old 02-08-2004, 02:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use the shims take note of the shim that goes on the output port side of the pump. If you install it the wrong way which can be done, you will reduce you oil pressure because the shim will partially block the oil passage from the pump into the block. If you can get away without the shims have at it, but be damn sure you have sufficient clearance. Adding the shims makes getting the pickup tube back into the oil pump input port more difficult.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by eallanboggs
If you use the shims take note of the shim that goes on the output port side of the pump. If you install it the wrong way which can be done, you will reduce you oil pressure because the shim will partially block the oil passage from the pump into the block. If you can get away without the shims have at it, but be damn sure you have sufficient clearance. Adding the shims makes getting the pickup tube back into the oil pump input port more difficult.
thks. for that,phoned Allan @ FMS and he said no shims needed,still not sure where these shims go and why you need them???