Sponsored by:

Pushrod length Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pushrod length Help!

I have been reading threads and post's and just require a bit of help guys:

First and foremost, thank you for reading this.

I recently put my motor together, stock ls1 bottom end, with torquer II cam, ETP heads, and morel lifters. I am trying to determine pushrod length. I put a "pushrod checker tool" in the intake (with both valves closed). I extended the tool until I reached zero lash. I then tightened the stock rocker to 22 ft/lbs. I got a reading (via digital caliper) of 7.950 on intake and 8.000 on exhaust. I ordered the pushrods, and installed them, and I am getting ZERO compression build up. Any help, tips or pointers? Thanks A Million!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did not install the pushrod checker with the lifters on the base circle of the cam. Set you cam gear at 12 and your crank gear at 12. I really dont know if your setup actually requires longer pushrods like you have stated, but to me I sounds like your lifters were not on the base circle.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

agreed, those would be insanely long pushrods in an lsx. hope you haven't bent any valves
Old 01-29-2011, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wicked383bird
I put a "pushrod checker tool" in the intake (with both valves closed). I extended the tool until I reached zero lash. I then tightened the stock rocker to 22 ft/lbs.
Need help ASAP understanding where you got that procedure.

Need help ASAP figuring out why anybody with any sense would even think measuring pushrod length that way would work.

Please help estimate how long the engine you built is expected to last...

(did a quick search on your prior posts, 80% are "need help please help help help help" and the other 20% are selling stuff)

Last edited by crainholio; 01-29-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crainholio
Need help ASAP understanding where you got that procedure.

Need help ASAP figuring out why anybody with any sense would even think measuring pushrod length that way would work.

Please help estimate how long the engine you built is expected to last...

(did a quick search on your prior posts, 80% are "need help please help help help help" and the other 20% are selling stuff)
And your post consist of harsh criticism? Try giving someone a chance, you were prolly the kid that got picked on and licked the back window on the school bus.... Anyhow there is some pushrod length threads on this site just search for them, they are pretty detailed but helpfull
Old 01-29-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Swerve7rpm2000
And your post consist of harsh criticism? Try giving someone a chance, you were prolly the kid that got picked on and licked the back window on the school bus.
Not likely this is the first time in your life you've been incredibly wrong, you seem to be very practiced at it.

Originally Posted by Swerve7rpm2000
Anyhow there is some pushrod length threads on this site just search for them, they are pretty detailed but helpfull
Well newb, you've been here all of 5-6 months. After a few years of slack-jawed, lethargic, grasping NEED HELP ASAP you might feel differently.

And hopefully you'll gain the ability to spell above the 5th grade level.