Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TEA LS6 2.5 and EPS 230ish cam. What fuel pump and injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TEA LS6 2.5 and EPS 230ish cam. What fuel pump and injectors?

I asked this over in the fuel system forum a while back, and didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try it here.

I have a 2001 LS1. Got a set of bare 799 heads. Going to cam the car for sure (230ish EPS cam more than likely).

If I get the heads put back together without port work and do the 230ish EPS cam, what size fuel pump and injectors would I need?

My other plan is to (if I can afford it) get the TEA 2.5 job done on the heads, and run an EPS cam (which would probably be a different spec from one going with a set of stock heads). So what size fuel pump and injectors would I need then?

Any thoughts? And thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump / Injectors

Im running a Racetronix Fuel pump in my camaro. They say this is the one of the best Fuel pumps out there. Racetronix fuel pump is good for 500 H.P.

Its a direct bolt in with OEM Connections. Get the kit that includes the wiring harness. It takes the current load off your electrical system & the pump will perform better & run cooler.

Your stock injectors will work. You might have to install a fuel pressure regulator to raise your fuel pressure to get more fuel into your motor at wide open throttle. Your car probably has 28 lb. injectors. You could upgrade to 36 lb. injectors later & with a good tune the car will make more power.

Its always best to let a Professional tune your car on the dyno.
This is after your done installing all your bolt on's & mods.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people might not agree but I would just go stock pump with bigger injectors. 36# injectors would cover your heads and cam. If you cant afford the heads then im sure 32# injectors would be fine.

Quick Reply: TEA LS6 2.5 and EPS 230ish cam. What fuel pump and injectors?