Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 windage tray on a stroker LS2

Old 02-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS1 windage tray on a stroker LS2

This might be in the wrong section to ask, but I have a stroker 402 LS2 (short block) with H-beam rods and I want to transfer some of my old LS1 parts on to the stroker short block. What I'm trying to do right now is reuse the old windage tray. It hits the rods, but it seems like there is enough length on the windage tray bolts to simply add a spacer to get the windage tray to fit. Is this possible or is there a better windage tray to use?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are using a LS1 pickup and oil pan it is the one to run. You have to space the windage tray down to clear the rod bolts on the 4" crank motors. You can go to your local hardware store and pick up some 3/8" flat washers and use them to space the tray down. Typically takes 2 washers per stud. Put the windage tray over them and torque it down. Make sure it clears and finish assembly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jon
Old 02-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply, that seems to be the easist fix. I saw some SLP spacers measuring out at .11. I stacked a couple of washers and got reasonably close at .14. I also noticed that bolt holes have quite a bit of slop and you can slide the windage tray over about a eighth of an inch to gain just a bit more clearance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 windage tray on a stroker LS2