Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milling 241 heads with my plans?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milling 241 heads with my plans?

Alright. I've been lurking for a few years here, reading all I can find.

Here is my plan, I have a set of 241 heads I Plan to mill .035. I plan to use a .040 gasket. My cam is LS6 Z06( the good one), and later I would like to run 1.8 rockers.

Engine is a 2000 LS1 bone stock. No mods what so ever. So here is my question, Am I going to see piston/valve issues with the 1.8 rockers? According to my math(which sucks lol) I should be at about .593 lift. So taking .035 off the heads in affect would increase my lift( valve travel down the cyclinder), by .035 more then what the cam alone would do. I planned on the 7.350 pushrods to help with that issue as well.

Anybody here run this set up or something close? My goal was to keep my current fuel milage which is right about 29 MPG while increasing my total performance by about 150HP off the bottle. I may put a bottle on it later too lol. ( cause its like drugs! you get hooked on the speed thing too)

Set up is a 1986 Mazda RX7 with a 2000 LS1/4l60E, 8.8 TBird rear with 3:27 gears LSD (soon to be a spool) and 25.5 inch tire. I daily drive this sick bitch in the nice weather so, I'm looking to keep all of that while getting as much out of her when its time to race.

By the way, Thanks for everyones input/contributions ect. 90% of the things I've done on my ride are because people put up what they did HERE! Its a great resource thats should never be neglected!

Quick Reply: Milling 241 heads with my plans?