Sponsored by:

Every single plug fouled?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Every single plug fouled?

This another post of mine, car was having this problem:

Got a little problem! All of the sudden this morning on the way to work, my car starts breakin up while i'm cruisin and givin it little gas. Sounds like it's either missing or detonating, can't tell, but when it does it, it sounds almost the same as the car did when my valvespring broke, so I think it's missing! It's not doing it all the time, just whenever it feels like it I guess. It's fine at idle, fine if I rev it, and fine if I get on it and sounds healthy! It's just doin it when i'm cruisin, and if I get in the gas more, it kind of goes away, but will come right back once I come down a little on the gas again! I don't know what it is, and am worried about my motor! Just curious everyone's opinion on what could be goin wrong and what to check to try and fix, thanks a lot!!!!

PS - Just changed my plugs like a month ago if even, and have msd wires that have been on there for probably close to 30,000+ miles, but don't see any arching or anything from them, so I think the wires are ok.
Well, I pulled the plugs today to see which cylinder is misfiring and every single plug was fouled up real bad, just caked in carbon! As per friends suggestions, i'm goin to try and clean the maf, and clean my air filter, any other suggestions? What could cause every single plug to foul up?! Thanks for any help!
Old 02-15-2004, 09:01 PM
wrencher

Well it must be runnin' rich or using oil?
Got auto tap or efi live something to see what the PCM doing?
Any SESlights codes?
It obviously is not stock correct?
Tunning/mods?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what kind of mods and tunning do you have?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

228/228 .588/.588 112 + 4 comp cam, jethot lt headers, x-pipe, bullets w/ turndowns, ls6 intake manifold, lid and filter.

I just tapped it tonight, it's throwing codes 122 and 1122, it says something about throttle body position sensor circuitry low input, anyone know how to fix this?

PS - It's on stock tune other than idle tuning and minor stuff like rev limiter and all. But the cam's been in there for probably close to 20,000 miles and no problems till now, so I doubt it's in the tuning!
Old 02-15-2004, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Had the same problem with my LT1. Swap in a new TPS and make sure the TPS voltage is in spec with EFI live and you should be good.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Leatherneck
Had the same problem with my LT1. Swap in a new TPS and make sure the TPS voltage is in spec with EFI live and you should be good.
Cool, thanks! Does anyone know what the voltage should be?