Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine rebuild questions

Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine rebuild questions

Engine Rebuilding questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after a rather uneventful day of mudding, I blew the engine in my 03 chevy silverado 1500 due to water intake shattering number 5 and 8 pistions. I saw this as a blessing in disguise because I had been wanting to rebuild the engine. After 2 painful days of searching I found a shop in El Cajon CA, called super shops. They are now having the engine rebulit and heads redone as well as new pistons, rods, bearings the whole 9. they are slightly upgrading the compression to compensate for the new cam. The new cam I am having put in it is a crowder cam choppy idle Performance level - Stage 3 - Mid to top end power for highly modified engines. INT/EXH - Dur @ .050” lift: 226°/232° RR: 1.7/1.7Gross Lift: 0.566”/0.566” LC: 114° RPM: 2000 to 6000 Redline: 6500
So the question to you all is I have the intake manifold sitting in my garage just either waiting to be rebuilt by myself, or sold to help get a new one. I have been looking at different racks, injectors, throttle body spacers as well as throttle bodies and I would like to get some ideas to start with the upgrades. I'm looking into a set up with a lot of horsepower, the cam will take care of the sound I am looking for, so basically I would like to know some combos of the fuel and intake system. Thank you.

Engine: V8 5.3L LM7

Also, I have been searching and concluded that an LS6 intake would increase the horsepower by 45% more and I would like to know the necessary upgrades I would have to peform in order to make this possible i.e. water pump, fuel lines ect.

Search this Thread