Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918s or the new LS6 springs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 918s or the new LS6 springs?

I've been kinda "out of the loop" as far as single spring setups go, but with my new LS1 I want something simple and budget.

I ran comp 941s with my old 229 cam and had zero issues, how do the spring ratings on the 918s compare with the now defunct 941s? I'd be using them with the stock retainers. Also anyone know the largest cam you can get away with using LS6 springs?

Sorry about the lame question.

Terry
Old 02-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Terry Burger
I've been kinda "out of the loop" as far as single spring setups go, but with my new LS1 I want something simple and budget.

I ran comp 941s with my old 229 cam and had zero issues, how do the spring ratings on the 918s compare with the now defunct 941s? I'd be using them with the stock retainers. Also anyone know the largest cam you can get away with using LS6 springs?

Terry
I believe the 918's will support up to .600 lift,not sure about the LS6 springs,but they are no where near that.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Terry Burger

Terry
You Probably could run something like the Grand-Am Cup cam if you really wanted to on the newer LS6 springs..... A lot of duration but not too crazy on the lift. That matched with the CNC LS6 heads would be a nice combo.... Honestly the duration on that cam isn't much more than Thunder's new T-Rex, it actually has more intake duration! :eek2