Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC 5.3L heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PRC 5.3L heads

Just curious did or does TSP ever make 5.3L heads in any stages other than 2.5? I looked on the site but i didn't see anything other than that.
Has me wondering since when the heads were flow tested untouched from what i know they were sub par as to advertised flows. They were tested with 4.00" flow bench clay radius with exhaust pipe. is this why?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, we only do a 2.5 head. I'll get the details on how they are flowed for you in the morning. I clay is used on flowing them and we don't use a pipe. I'm not sure what bore but I will get you that info. Shoot me your info. if you can get me the bench you used and what the flow numbers were I will get with Jason to get you some info. That's pretty unusual to hear our heads flowing lower than we advertise. Our bench seems to be pretty stingy comparing to most. However, if it turns out there is a problem with them, we'll swap you out for a new set, no problem! We'll make sure you are happy with your purchase!

Jon
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats customer service
+1
Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are good heads. I trap 118-119 with a small cam and an LS1 intake with them. Plus you get top notch customer service from them.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be very interested in seeing a stock cylinder head's flow results on the same bench, setup the same way so that we could compare the PRC's to stock. Every bench is different, and much like dyno's, can be "tweaked" to read what the operator wants them to. Same as a dyno, you need a baseline for the numbers to mean much of anything!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!