Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get a full gasket & seal kit for my LQ4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a full gasket & seal kit for my LQ4?

Hey guys!
I have a low(er) mileage LQ4 that I'm swapping into my '84 Monte Carlo & I want to go through all of the gaskets & seal on it. So where is the best &/or cheapest place to get a COMPLETE set minus the head gaskets?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scoggin Dickey or Texas Speed
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Scoggin Dickey will get you setup and shipped to you pretty quickly. I've had many great dealings with them. That's a lot more than I can say of most sponsors I've dealt with on here.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Scoggin Dickey will get you setup and shipped to you pretty quickly. I've had many great dealings with them. That's a lot more than I can say of most sponsors I've dealt with on here.
I e-mailed them on Sunday & still haven't heard ****. I guess I'll go with Texas Speed...
Old 04-07-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Why email? Call them, that's what I've always done and always had somebody answer. Also great customer service to, not taking anything away from TSP as I've dealt with them to and had a good experience.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheNorthSideWhiteGuy
I e-mailed them on Sunday & still haven't heard ****. I guess I'll go with Texas Speed...
This. I've emailed a few companies lately trying to get some info, and potentially spend some money, to get my 5.3 project up and running. I work 60 hours a week and simply don't have the time to call during 'normal' business hours. That, and when I have questions or idea's, it's normally at 2 AM, and they need to be down in writing then and there. An e-commerce business that can't respond to emails doesn't deserve to be an e-commerce business. Just my opinion. Carry on.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kendogg
This. I've emailed a few companies lately trying to get some info, and potentially spend some money, to get my 5.3 project up and running. I work 60 hours a week and simply don't have the time to call during 'normal' business hours. That, and when I have questions or idea's, it's normally at 2 AM, and they need to be down in writing then and there. An e-commerce business that can't respond to emails doesn't deserve to be an e-commerce business. Just my opinion. Carry on.
My sentiments exactly. The majority of the "research" I do isn't during regular work hours, so making a phone call is somewhat of an issue. The vendors in the 3800 V6 world that I've been into for the past 4-5yrs prefer to communicate by way of e-mail so I have adjusted to using the net for these sorts of things. This is my first venture into the fuel injected V8 world so everything is pretty new to me, vendors included.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Shoot them a PM here! Ive had great luck getting quick responses from Texas Speed. I just ordered all my gaskets/lifters/valve springs (Killer price!!!) and got everything quick!

Quick Reply: Where to get a full gasket & seal kit for my LQ4?