Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 & f14hl cam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lq4 & f14hl cam?

im wonderin if the f14 high lift cam is too extreme for my 2004 lq4. its going in my 89 gmc s15 (3000 lbs with me in it) the heads (317) have been shaved .030 and ported slightly and polished to a shine ls6 intake & throttle body and 1 7/8 long tube headers. 4l80 behind it with a stall (not sure how high) a ford 8.8 rear end with either 3.73s or 4.10 gears. fuel milage doesnt matter.
i like the idea of burning the tires off when i want to on the street then throwin slicks on at the track. its going to be a daily driver weekend drag racing (1/8th mile) but i also want to use the truck for a truck when i need to. pull my boat to the lake (1000 lbs), haul some wood or a snowmobile here and there. the daily drive is only about 20 miles round trip and bucking or street manners really dont totally matter to me unless its so extreme i cant pull my boat ha.
i want to spray the engine also to get the truck to run mid to high 7's. ive done alot of cam choice reading but since nobody has my same setup and needs from the motor its hard to choose. i know streetability and drag racing setups dont really go hand in hand but i really concerned that if im pulling somehting im going to have to mash the gas all the way to the floor and rev the **** out of it to get to speed or go up the hill. any help would be great.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any ideas? all im wonderin really is will this cam move the powerband so high that id have to rev the engine to the moon to get to speed with a load?