Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catless to cats, tuning options

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catless to cats, tuning options

posted this on z06vette, but i really need to make some decisions as i'm running out of time to get the car to pass inspection, what do you guys think???? car is a c5 z06

As of now my car has no cats, it has the kooks x pipe. i have two highflow cats which i'm going to have put in but i believe the car is tuned to run catless. the cats have to go in for md inspection and the car is just a bit too loud for me.

So i know i have to get it retuned, i was wondering tho for the time being if i could get a factory reflash and drive the car gently like that? or would it be better to get a diablo programmer? i would like to get a custom tune but i don't know of anyone in the md/dc/va area that could do that for me, unless someone could recommend me a tuner.

The car has kooks longtube headers, vr intake, and some catback, i haven't been able to figure out which one tho.

any suggestions are appreciated
Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd just POP the cats on there and leave the tune alone for now....this will get you right through the visual inspection.....I blew strait through last year with strait pipe and longtube header and no o2 sensors. The thing they are looking for is the cats are there and no emission codes when they hook up to the odb2 plug.

Plus the cats will quiet the car down some so that should make you happy
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mark21742
I'd just POP the cats on there and leave the tune alone for now....this will get you right through the visual inspection.....I blew strait through last year with strait pipe and longtube header and no o2 sensors. The thing they are looking for is the cats are there and no emission codes when they hook up to the odb2 plug.

Plus the cats will quiet the car down some so that should make you happy

Thanks for the reply, i'm just concerned it will damage the car, adding cats would lean out the afrs? right? i just don't want to lean it out too much.

the cats i was given with the car are slp 813001, or so the box says, the cats them selfs don't have a part number on them tho, so i'm little sketched out about putting them on the car

what cell count would you recommend ?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 AM

I
hate
state
inspections.

I grew up in Indiana, where the government lets us make safety decisions about our vehicles. When I moved to Missouri, I received a very rude awakening.

Quick Reply: Catless to cats, tuning options