Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slight over look now I need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight over look now I need help

I was not thinking when I reassembled my oil pump after cleaning and did not prime it by hand. I am having trouble feeding oil through my engine. Is there a way to prime the oil through the sender unit hole on this engine?

I previously had a oil issue when the pickup tube got clogged by garbage from a stupid person painting the valley before I got the engine. I hope that pump is not fried, I did look it over and found no wear problems.

Any help would be nice.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pull the spark plug out and the fuel pump fuse and spin the motor over in 10 sec intervals until you see pressure on your gauge...

then put everything back together and fire it off...watching the gauge of course
Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I have been doing that as I have read on all the threads. I also took the pressure sensor out and forced oil down its hole. I have an oil relocation kit which doesnt make a difference to the problem but it helps explain how I am getting my results.

I had oil coming out of the return line when I forced oil into the the top sensor hole. Which is good it means that everything is in place there. I took the other line and used a vacuum of sorts to bring a small amount of oil through the line.

Still no go. Can my previous oil starvation from a clogged pickup tube have damaged the pump enough that I still cant see if with my eyes but not pump? If that is the case, can I just drop the oil pan and pull the front apart to get the oil pump off without dropping the engine again?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure what is was but with the tips and sugestions from all the sites and my personal knowledge I tore apart the pan and pump and cleaned everything. I hooked it all back up and after about 10 slow cranks I am getting 32 psi on my manual gauge.

Thanks for the inputs.