Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed Tuner Shootout H/C Results...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Texas Speed Tuner Shootout H/C Results...

First of all we had a great time at the shootout! Unfortunately our heads cam entry killed the Mcleod dual disc & was unable to be really competitive during the event The car ran a best of 11.1@124.8 the night before the event running 3.42 gears & having a hard time getting into gear. Needless to say we were very happy with the cars performance & thought we would have been very very competitive during the event... We were up until 2am installing the 4.10 rear-end that DTE took the time to bring down all the way from Indiana!!! Thanks to those guys for helping us to get a rear in time even though FedEx tried to screw it up The following morning the car felt good but never made a decent pass because of shifting problems. Ultimately the clutch gave out on the 2nd or 3rd attempt at a pass & the car lost all ability to move itself.
Here is some info about the car:
stock shortblock
TSP Magic Stick v2
TSP/Patriot Hand Finished Race Heads
All the bolt on goodies
Electric water pump & all
We're going to try the Fast intake with a bigger throttle body & a clutch thats not REAL heavy & shoot for 500rwhp this week

Jason
Texas Speed
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 02-24-2004, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
First of all we had a great time at the shootout! Unfortunately our heads cam entry killed the Mcleod dual disc & was unable to be really competitive during the event The car ran a best of 11.1@124.8 the night before the event running 3.42 gears & having a hard time getting into gear. Needless to say we were very happy with the cars performance & thought we would have been very very competitive during the event... We were up until 2am installing the 4.10 rear-end that DTE took the time to bring down all the way from Indiana!!! Thanks to those guys for helping us to get a rear in time even though FedEx tried to screw it up The following morning the car felt good but never made a decent pass because of shifting problems. Ultimately the clutch gave out on the 2nd or 3rd attempt at a pass & the car lost all ability to move itself.
Here is some info about the car:
stock shortblock
TSP Magic Stick v2
TSP/Patriot Hand Finished Race Heads
All the bolt on goodies
Electric water pump & all
We're going to try the Fast intake with a bigger throttle body & a clutch thats not REAL heavy & shoot for 500rwhp this week

Jason
Texas Speed
A little bird told me that you guys stopped in Trussville and broke, no I'm sorry, SHATTERED the normally aspirated LS1 dyno record at Walker dyno tune with that car.. my old record btw.. Guess I'll just have to spend more money. Way to go guys!!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gomer
A little bird told me that you guys stopped in Trussville and broke, no I'm sorry, SHATTERED the normally aspirated LS1 dyno record at Walker dyno tune with that car.. my old record btw.. Guess I'll just have to spend more money. Way to go guys!!
What was the previous record? Jason, can you tell what numbers you put down or are you keeping it quiet for now?

Gomer, where do you get your work done....or do you do it yourself?
Old 02-24-2004, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
What was the previous record? Jason, can you tell what numbers you put down or are you keeping it quiet for now?

Gomer, where do you get your work done....or do you do it yourself?
It WAS 451rwhp, now it is considerably higher than that.. I'll let Jason post it if he wants it known.

Everything that is done to my car was done in my garage at my house. It's pretty cool to have great vendors that produce parts that anyone can buy and build a 450rwhp car in their own garage! Btw, I hope to be taking that record back on March 6
Old 02-24-2004, 04:11 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its doing 481rwhp & 430lb ft before a LSx intake & 90mm t.b. We are installing a new single disc clutch & hope to see 500rwhp. Then I might try bigger cams in a month or so

Jason

Originally Posted by gomer
It WAS 451rwhp, now it is considerably higher than that.. I'll let Jason post it if he wants it known.

Everything that is done to my car was done in my garage at my house. It's pretty cool to have great vendors that produce parts that anyone can buy and build a 450rwhp car in their own garage! Btw, I hope to be taking that record back on March 6
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 02-24-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice. I hope to make similar numbers (Gomer's) at Walker after I get my H/C setup this summer. What's with these new Patriot hand finished heads coming out? I haven't heard anything about them yet.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:54 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The heads are Texas Speed Race Series heads, Patriot does our ports for us & we have them hand finished & big valves installed in them! Each set will come flowed also The pricing will be $2099 for the Race style LS6 heads, and we're still working on race style 5.3l heads

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 02-24-2004, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

what size valves?
Old 02-26-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

2.08/1.60
Old 02-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a pretty sick 346ci car.. Congrats!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good going Jason to bad about the clutch. That clutch had alot of passes on it with the bigger motor right? You needed my clutch it may have held up or wore your leg out trying! See you in a week or so.