Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappearing Pushrod

Old 05-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Disappearing Pushrod

Ok so I picked up a 98 5.7 LS engine today. PO said his mechanic said that he blew #7 piston and the HG. PO didnt run nitrous (so he says). The engine only has 95K on it. I pulled the driver's side Valve cover. Inside of head looked really clean with zero buildup. I looked at #7 and I couldnt find the #7 intake pushrod. It looks like the pushrod had been rubbing on the head, but now its gone. The PO said they didnt tear it down, but prob ran a compression test to determine something was up with #7. I will pull the head once I get it on the chopping block.

Any one ever ran into a disappearing pushrod?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its just hiding.... take the head off, i bet you find it a bunch more goodness
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by n20neenee
ok so i picked up a 98 5.7 ls engine today. Po said his mechanic said that he blew #7 piston and the hg. Po didnt run nitrous (so he says). The engine only has 95k on it. I pulled the driver's side valve cover. Inside of head looked really clean with zero buildup. I looked at #7 and i couldnt find the #7 intake pushrod. It looks like the pushrod had been rubbing on the head, but now its gone. The po said they didnt tear it down, but prob ran a compression test to determine something was up with #7. I will pull the head once i get it on the chopping block.

Any one ever ran into a disappearing pushrod?
jesus must have mistakingly taken it instead of its owner. Damn rapture lol. Sorry had to
Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It has been my experience that pushrods that disappear were not really worth having to begin with.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

I guess I will call the law and put out a Bolo for one pushrod, armed and dangerous
I figured it may be in little bits inside the head

Search this Thread