Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine running wierd sometimes, advised appreciated, problem solved

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default engine running wierd sometimes, advised appreciated, problem solved

i have no codes, it used to thro p0135 and p0155 for for both 02 heater circuits. but that went away.

It almost feels like i have clogged cats, but i have an ORY lol

When i press the gas pedal, it feels like the engine is struggling accross the power band, but only very slightly, kinda also feels like when your auto trans clutch packs are going out, but ima 6 speed lol2

Im going to order new 02s and new plugs, currently have tr6 for about 30k on them, i KNOW i need to change them. And as far as the 02s, they have 96xxx on them and i know the car has seen pig rich conditions and i may have an exhaust leak at the collector causing fresh air to hit the 02s
could it be the fuel filter? never changed that b4, i guess ima order a new fuel filter also.

what else could it be besides the plugs and 02s?
could a broken spring cause this? i have patriot golds .660 lift springs with about 30k on them. My cam has a lift of .598 and i have hardened pushrods so i dont think the springs are an issue since the are not maxed out and i dont have any valve float

my rear end is fine, my trans is fine both, have recently changed fluids, my clutch is fine(for the most part, lol ls7 clutch doesnt like back to back runs at the drag strip)
Old 05-25-2011, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

With those kind of mileage #'s what You mentioned and also the injectors are probably a little dirty . But without checking things like fuel pressure and hooking a scanner up .......etc there are literally 100's of possibilities but You're on with the most likely 1's fo sho . Good luck
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the injectors only have about 15k on them since they been flowmatched, they are the ford greentop 42#ers. i will be checking fuel pressure today
i have no other codes

i will be cleaning the maf, changing the fuel filter and spark plugs on friday
Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

changed out the filter, spark plugs and wires, she is back

the problem was that the number seven sire somehow was not in the boot. the boot was on the plug, the wire was in the boot but it was not attached to the plug, some how the inside the boot the wire melted, disconnected, idk

but im good, thx