Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slight stall when shifting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slight stall when shifting!

This only happens when the car is cold, after 2-3 minutes of driving the problem goes away. Hard to explain but ill do the best i can. When im normally driving when the car is cold and go into 4th gear and as soon as i let off the clutch the car will slightly hesitate and i lean forward. This problem is worse when i go into 5th at very low speeds like 25mph just going from 2nd to 5th or 1st to 4th gear generally.

One mechanic said it could be fuel pump, another said you technically shouldnt be going into 4th or 5th at such low speeds. This problem just started a couple of weeks ago and wasnt doing this before. I thought it could be the clutch but i dont know. It only happens when its cold and as soon as i let off the clutch going into 4th or 5th gear havent tried 6th but i assume it would be worse because of load.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah going into 5th at 25 is kinda odd. but it shouldnt hesitate, maybe bog a lil.
for something like this we need more info or someone with experience needs to go for a ride in your car.