Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Consumption problem after cam install

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Oil Consumption problem after cam install

so, i'm not very happy with my tune........for one, i have been told that i overpaid for the tune and on top of that, there are some things i think could've been done better......now my car searches for idle for about ten seconds after i start it up, there's some surge at low speeds.....the idle rpm is about 125 rpm higher than i would like it to be set (i wanted 110lsa for a reason, it sounds more like videos of 113-114lsa cams), when i run A/C it won't idle until the motor is fully warmed up, and the exhaust smell is really strong when i'm sitting at a stoplight.....(i have same exhaust as i did when i had bolt-ons, TSP TD's w/Sweet Thunders, but the smell is much worse now)
other than that, i think i need to go back in and change my valve seals, i believe i might have crushed one or two of them with the Tim's tool when i was installing the PAC 1518's because it spits out a little white smoke at idle and i'm consuming about a quart of oil every week.....i didn't smoke or use a drop of oil in between the 3000 mile changes when i was just bolt-ons with a Frost tune. so here's my question:
357rwtq is not much more than stock.......Would extra oil seeping down through the valves cause my torque to be low or is it most likely in the tune?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oil down one valve would not affect torque unless it was so bad as to cause misfires. The problems you describe seem to me to be tune related, but you should always inspect for loose hoses, vacuum leaks, and the like before retuning.