Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stroker And A Blower??

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker And A Blower??

Is this a good combo to be running? Im thinking of doing a 408 w/ a Procharger.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a good combo, yes.
It it very expensive. Hell yes.
Also it depends on what Procharger you buy. The regular procharger wouldn't do crap for that big of a motor. If you are serious about going fast as it appears you are because you will be out a quick 20000 dollars with this combo then I would suggest a 1/4 performance Turbo kit with the bigger turbo's. Or a F1 Supercharger.
The regular Procharger might produce 4-5 lbs on a big Cubed motor. The D1 should also work, however I am not real fimilar with how much boost it will make on a 408.

I dont know who you are or how much cash you have floating around but here is a idea of how much money this will run you.
A complete Longblock with a custom cam, and a set of stage 3 ported heads should run between 10-12 thousand, depending on what Crank you use, what intake/TB you use, and who does the heads. Then you have 800-1000 dollar headers. 500 in exhaust
500 between the MAF, Air Box/Air Lid/ Plugs/ Wires/ Cold air induction kit/ etc.
Somewhere around 3000 for the complete install including swaping motors, installing the S/C or Turbo and dyno tuning the car to make it right.
Now we have the price of the charger. Probally around 5000, plus you need to buy fuel injectors, a inline fuel pump, a intank fuel pump.
Or the 1/4 mile perforance kit for 6999 which includes everything.
Then your move over to suspension, and blow a quick 7000 there as well when it all said and done.