Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New combo questions

Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New combo questions

Current mods in sig.

Thinking about swapping the current cam for a EPS/LXL lobe 230/234 113+2 and a set of TEA stage 1 243's (stock valves).... I live in Cali, so all we have is 91 octane here, could I get away with cutting the heads down to 60cc?? Ide like to keep my mid range tq alive, as the car is a DD and ~4,000lbs with me in it.

Overall, do you think this is a well matched combo? Or should I stick with the cam that's in it? As of now ide like if the cam was a little more choppy and pulled a little higher up.

Thoughts?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what about emissions?consider some sfr heads 50 state legal and a tony M.cam.or get a smogable cam from Pat-G.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FRiCK
Current mods in sig.

Thinking about swapping the current cam for a EPS/LXL lobe 230/234 113+2 and a set of TEA stage 1 243's (stock valves).... I live in Cali, so all we have is 91 octane here, could I get away with cutting the heads down to 60cc?? Ide like to keep my mid range tq alive, as the car is a DD and ~4,000lbs with me in it.

Overall, do you think this is a well matched combo? Or should I stick with the cam that's in it? As of now ide like if the cam was a little more choppy and pulled a little higher up.

Thoughts?
I don't think the degree of change in the proposed cam over your existing cam is going to result in substantial gains. You might be better off investing the incremental cam costs in a more significant upgrade to the heads. If you upgrade your heads, the effects of your existing cam will be amplified - it will feel like it has more cam. As to which heads, and the compression ratio/fuel octane issue I would consult with PatrickG. (He spec'd my CTS-V head/compression ratio selection as well as my cam selection.)

Search this Thread