Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need tech research

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need tech research

BBB, Alabama Corporations, etc...someone here must be good at this.

Patriot performance
Alabama Cylinder Heads
Hugh Baskin (owner of both)

Hugh Baskin of Patriot Performance, Alabama Cylinder Head Inc., Rainbow City, AL, says Chevy LS1 heads are hot. "A lot of people want these heads, so we bought 4,000 LS1 castings from GM and are CNC porting the heads and assembling them with our own valves." He said the LS1 heads retail for about $1,295 a pair, exchange through distributors.

"We’re also doing Ford 4.6L heads and GM’s 2.2L Ecotec head, which we think will be the next big thing in this market. The Ecotec engine is in Chevy Cavaliers, Pontiac Sunbirds and Grand Ams, Saturns and other GM models. We have 500 new Ecotec castings which we are CNC porting and offering with stock-sized valves, 5-angle valve job but no camshafts."

Baskin said Patriot Performance is also developing a number of new cylinder heads, including one for the Ford Focus based on a CNC ported version of the OEM head. They’re also doing a Chevy 350 head, which will be custom cast and fully CNC machined to various specifications (180, 200, 215 and 235 cc runner sizes). They are also looking at the Jeep 4.0L and possibly some Honda and Acura engines, too.

This is technical as I believe we should knwo a bit more about this company thats buidling our heads...and why they need multiple names
Old 03-02-2004, 01:17 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

What exactly is your tech question? I'm not seeing it.

As to why they "need" multiple names, they dont, but TONS of places have multiple names. There is nothing shady about that. Lots of time there will be an incorporation, who will Do Business As some other name with more marketing appeal, or less limiting in scope. Ie, somebody may form a corp called "joe smith, inc", and have a company called "hats and more" that they do business as. Nineball, inc could exist, and have ls1tech, ls2tech, and ls6tech.com as all of his DBA's.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

I think its just marketing. Patriot Performance is a feel good name, well, maybe not anymore.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:06 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alabama Cylinder head is well know in the cylinder head market as a supplier to engine rebuilders, etc for many years... Patriot is their newly formed performance division. There is no mystery there. Alabama Cylinder head is a $10M/year company that supplys heads to lots of folks in the industry, and has for a long time.

Last edited by J-Rod; 03-02-2004 at 02:20 AM.