Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know how much the Absolute Speed Stage II 5.3L heads are milled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how much the Absolute Speed Stage II 5.3L heads are milled?

Anyone know how much the Absolute Speed Stage II 5.3L heads are milled?

Thanks!

Crowley
Old 03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crowley

It all depends on your combo. They are setup for you specific setup. It could be milled or not milled at all dependng on what they were ordered for. If you are looking at a used set just call jay he has all that type of info plus flow #`s on file.

Jeremy
Old 03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by offaxis
Crowley

It all depends on your combo. They are setup for you specific setup. It could be milled or not milled at all dependng on what they were ordered for. If you are looking at a used set just call jay he has all that type of info plus flow #`s on file.

Jeremy
I just ordered a set from the GP on here .... I am looking at a cam and they need to know the milling of the head ... by default then they are not milled at all? I think Jay said it was 11:1 compression ..

thanks,
Gary
Old 03-02-2004, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crowley
I just ordered a set from the GP on here .... I am looking at a cam and they need to know the milling of the head ... by default then they are not milled at all? I think Jay said it was 11:1 compression ..

thanks,
Gary
Hey Gary

I would just call Jay and tell him what you are looking to do with the cam. Or just tell him you need unmilled heads. Hes just a phone call away. Any way you what them it should be no problem.

BTW great choice on the heads. Ive had mine over a year of trouble free daily driving and LoTs of Racing . No issues No Drama . I will be upgrading to the newer style heads like you ordered before the summer. Im notin any rush because even with this older design I keep finding more power.

Goodluck with the new combo and let us know how it works out.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by offaxis
Hey Gary

I would just call Jay and tell him what you are looking to do with the cam. Or just tell him you need unmilled heads. Hes just a phone call away. Any way you what them it should be no problem.

BTW great choice on the heads. Ive had mine over a year of trouble free daily driving and LoTs of Racing . No issues No Drama . I will be upgrading to the newer style heads like you ordered before the summer. Im notin any rush because even with this older design I keep finding more power.

Goodluck with the new combo and let us know how it works out.
Thanks .. Ive been emailing since I know he is very busy .. anyway .. the cam I am looking at also has some built in timing 114+4 ... I am ignorent on these things and am a little conserened about piston to valve clearance ..

thanks,
Crowley
Old 03-02-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are concerned about p to v clearance you can send Jay your cam he will tell you exactly what your p to v will be. He has a test motor all set up for it.