Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas question?

Ok so I'm replacing a cracked block this weekend. The car has been sitting for about a month and two weeks. I just realized that I didn't drain the fuel. Is that going to be a problem? Is it too late for Sta-bil? Or am I worrying over nothing. FYI, I'm in Vegas and it's been averaging 105 for the past month.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i let an lt1 t/a sit in backyard for 6 months ish with 1/4 tank in it. tried to start it and it wouldnt run. stuck 5 gallons of 91 in it and a bottle of octane booster got a couple buddies on each side of the *** end and shook the hell out of it and it started up and ran like a champ. depending on how much gas is in it add a bunch more fresh gas to it and shake that bitch up. youll only really need to do it twice maybe three times till its cleaned out good but each time you run a tank through it change the fuel filter it just helps
Old 08-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
i let an lt1 t/a sit in backyard for 6 months ish with 1/4 tank in it. tried to start it and it wouldnt run. stuck 5 gallons of 91 in it and a bottle of octane booster got a couple buddies on each side of the *** end and shook the hell out of it and it started up and ran like a champ. depending on how much gas is in it add a bunch more fresh gas to it and shake that bitch up. youll only really need to do it twice maybe three times till its cleaned out good but each time you run a tank through it change the fuel filter it just helps
Thanks man, I'll give that a try