Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil galley plug knocked out

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oil galley plug knocked out

had a clutch installed because of the spec slipping turns out it was covered in oil the installer said the oil galley plug in the crank had been knocked out.. to my knowledge when i reinstalled my trans last time it was still in and my clutch held strong for a good 2000 miles after the trans was reinstall then started slipping cause of getting oil on it from no galley plug.. anyone know how this plug might have been knocked out im puzzled by it ??
Old 08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Often due to incorrectly removing the pilot bearing. Old school you could use grease or bread to "press" it out but due to the newer motors you need a slide hammer and hook to rip it out. See if you can fish it out but the best thing you can do is reinstall. Very suprised you left it open...
Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Often due to incorrectly removing the pilot bearing. Old school you could use grease or bread to "press" it out but due to the newer motors you need a slide hammer and hook to rip it out. See if you can fish it out but the best thing you can do is reinstall. Very suprised you left it open...
no thats not what i was saying i never replace the pilot bearing when i had my trans rebuilt it was never touched and my clutch had no oil on it when i replaced my trans but after about 2000 miles after my trans was reinstalled it started slipping.. so it had to come out somehow between when i reinstalled my trans and the time my clutch started slipping but i have no idea how it would have been knocked out or even have fallin out cause its a pretty tight fit thats whats puzzling me
Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just curious, did it leak oil really bad,,,, like a constant drip when the engine was running?

Quick Reply: Oil galley plug knocked out