Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK guys, serious tech question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK guys, serious tech question

Ok boys here she goes, most of you know i have been runnin a pretty stout 6.0 with a carb for a few months, well i got ahold to some bad race fuel this weekend and spit a piston out and it fubared my block in the cylinder, which was good ole #8. My options are now, put my stock 5.3 back together with 4.8 flat tops and my 243's and cam and run it like hell but i wanted to know about the 6.0 crank and 4.8 pistons and rods? I know there is a way to utilize the combo to make a stroker but i cant remember the combo, is it a 6.0 block with different rods and the 6.0 crank? or is it the 4.8 crank with 6.0 rods and pistons? If anyone has some enlightenment here please share, i know some will say its a failure but i also know that some of you hardcore guys know what i'm getting at. just would like to try something a little off the wall since i have a stockpile of parts laying around to tinker with, and now a really pretty 6.0 coffee table lol!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a 5.3 you cant make a stroker with what you got a 5.3 and 6.0 have the same stroke you need to use your 5.3 block with the 5.3 or 6.0 crank and rods and the 4.8 pistons to make the best combo with what you have
Old 08-29-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think what You're thinking is 6.0l block and pistons with 4.8l rods and crank , it is a great idea would be more powerful because of a larger rod ratio allowing more timing advance without pre-ignition but there's a problem , the piston would not reach the top of the cylinder or it would come out the hole too much , can't remember which . Only way to make it work would be to get some pistons custom made at JE or somewhere .