Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My head is full. Help please!

Old 03-05-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My head is full. Help please!

Okay, I would like to go all motor. I am not a bottle kind of guy.

I currently have the following items:

ARE Stage 2 Heads
6.0L Iron Block
LS6 Intake

Will have 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped headers with y-pipe shortly.

I am debating iron or aluminum. I will most likely go with a Lunati setup, but have considered using a stock LS1 crank with .030 over pistons on the iron block. Cam choices would be nice too, keep in mind I live in NYS .

Any thought or arguments will be considered. I would never post something like this to ask for help, but... "My brain is full, make I be excused?"

Thank you in advance...
Old 03-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Launching!

First off if those are our "early" style stage 2's we are offering to update the heads with flowtest before and after at no charge We are also extending a special on the resleeved blocks(can't post it). We also have a 392 all bore rotating on the shelf that needs to move

Most power will be with the 4.100 + bore engine if the heads are worked properly.

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
Okay, I would like to go all motor. I am not a bottle kind of guy.

I currently have the following items:

ARE Stage 2 Heads
6.0L Iron Block
LS6 Intake

Will have 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped headers with y-pipe shortly.

I am debating iron or aluminum. I will most likely go with a Lunati setup, but have considered using a stock LS1 crank with .030 over pistons on the iron block. Cam choices would be nice too, keep in mind I live in NYS .

Any thought or arguments will be considered. I would never post something like this to ask for help, but... "My brain is full, make I be excused?"

Thank you in advance...
Old 03-06-2004, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

Sending you a PM, thank you for the response Nick.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

What are your power goals and budget?

Chuck
Old 03-06-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

My goals? Whatever the car will run quite honestly. Let's say low 11's/high 10's. I don't necessarily care about RWHP because as it's been proven time and time again it doesn't affect your ET as much. Guys are going fast with 400 to the tires. I would like to see over 450RW personally, which I don't think would be too hard.

I would love to build something using my iron block. So I suppose I would need a rotating assembly.

Budget? Let's say a couple thousand. To give you an idea of my setup, I already have a 12-bolt w/ 3.42's. I am getting a built 4L60E. I was going to do an M6 conversion, but I really have no desire for that anymore. I am installing a good intank pump, and I have some 30# and 42# injectors lying around somewhere.

If I could boost it, I may consider it. I am really on the fence about a lot of stuff. I was considering a low dollar build, with something like a stock crank, good pistons (.030 over) and good rods on the iron block because I have it, and maybe down the road jamming a few pounds down it's throat. I think I'd like something that's a stout performer NA, with the capability of a modest amount of boost, let's say for numbers sake less than... 7 lbs. I like the idea of NA because more power under the curve, but I wouldn't rule out a Procharger in a year or two.

I know I seem indecisive, and I am. With the wealth of knowledge on this board, it's hard for me to zoom in on the part of the "big picture" that interests me.

Thanks for any advice you can give me,
George
Old 03-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Launching!

sent you a PM back

Search this Thread