Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very upset with local dealership...[long]

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Very upset with local dealership...[long]

Took my car in for some touchups. Brought the rental back to the dealer when I was walking in with the girl that inspected my rental car, I heard my car coming down the alley. The ******* stupid *** porter was revving my car. very high, I flipped. I had the girl follow me to where the ******* stoped my car to get a car wash. I ask for my key's immediately and go to turn the car on, and i just put it in the on position. The first thing I did was check the temp of the car, yup, bone cold. I became irate. It just so happened that the body shop manager was there and I was yelling and screaming. Things were said and I said this "if in 3k miles i break a valve spring because this *** was cold revving my car, I have no recourse" he stated "if you have any problems with the valve springs come see me"

fast forward to tonight. I had planned on going to a LAN this weekend about 40 miles away from home. I get here and everything is cool. My friend greets me and asks me for a ride, I say sure, no problem. I give him a ride, put the throttle on a little bit and notice a drop in power, I am pissed. I drop him off, park the car. Fast forward to about 30 mins ago, I go test drive my car because I am freaking out and pissed off. Drive for about 5 mins down the street nice and gentle, low and behold, the infamous flashing SES which then turns to a solid SES light. The car is missing soooo bad, if I put it in 6th, it shakes the whole car sooo bad. Needless to say, I now have to tow this bitch to the dealer. Great, now I have to f'n deal with the dealer.

What do you guys think I should do? I already called the dealer body shop and left a nice message that my spring broke and they will be fixing my springs. I have a feeling the dealer might not help me out because they love to **** people, do you think I would be able to sue if it comes to that?

I am so upset right now, when I saw that *** revving it I knew something like this would happen

-Steve
Old 03-05-2004, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

I hate dealers.....most people that work in dealers (most not all) are just fools that want to pretend to be mechanics that dont know what the hell they are doing. If they did they would be working at an independent shop where reputation matters. They dont care....the mechanic will just say that it was doin it before. honestly i dont know if you have the money but if i were you i would bring to a reputable shop in you area to get the problem fix and send them the bill with the excuse that they already fucked up the car once, im not lettin them touch it again. Just be prepared to pay out of pocket if they want to be jerkoffs.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

He is lucky. Most owners would have "Cold-Cocked" Him for "Cold-Revving" their baby!

I do agree that there are some "idiots" that work at dealerships, but I also know some pretty good Bow-Tie mechanics that work at dealerships.

Sounds like the guy you were refering to was some pimple faced high school drop-out that has little respect for others property and saw a rare chance to feel he owned a nice Hi-Performance LS1 and his brain cells left him dreaming like the guy in that Casterol GT Commercial.

Sorry to hear of that happening to you and I know you will press for them to make it right. It looks like you also have a witness so that should help.

I hope you made him crap his pants when you approached him!
Old 03-05-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used to work at a dealer, and i can say that some do have good tech's but there are some out there that don't know what the hell they are doing, ecspecially when it comes to the performance industry. Also it seems like almost all of these dealership owners and managers are only out for themselves and are money hungry pigs, and don't give a damn about the little guy for who the most part makes the money for these ********. If it were me and it is the valvespring that broke because this idiot was abusing your car, i would take it to someone who actually has worked on an LS1 before and get it fixed right, but before that i would get something in writing from the dealer stating they will pay for the repairs, they always like to weasle out of these type of situations. Also on a side note most dealers don't have the slightest clue about anything when it comes to the gen III smallblock, good luck.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

When my power steering pu p was going out (throwing serpentine belts like crazy). The actual service advisor told me " Yeah, we had to rev the hell out of your car to find out where the belt sqealing noise was coming from" Lat time I ever voluntarily went to a dealership
Old 03-06-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should ask around and take it to another dealer.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

SO should I just send them a bill? I guess I will talk to the body shop guy and ask him what he is willing to do then ask if i can have it done in a different shop in fear of them f'n it up again.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v8maro
SO should I just send them a bill? I guess I will talk to the body shop guy and ask him what he is willing to do then ask if i can have it done in a different shop in fear of them f'n it up again.

You are in a situation where it is your word against theirs. Unfotunately more cases than not the dealer prevails in these situations.

Good Luck
Old 03-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick@AP-Engineering
You are in a situation where it is your word against theirs. Unfotunately more cases than not the dealer prevails in these situations.

Good Luck
I work for a dealer, and the best thing for you to do is get to the General Manager, ask to speak to the owner, write a letter (yes, cause then the mangr. asks the service director to rectify the situation) leave your car tell em you want it back in a week month etc. your getting something for free remember.
Write a real annoying letter cleiche letter, we get them all the time about our crappy used car department and 90% time we take of it. We even got a letter saying XXXXX-toyota failed my 3 strike system strike one blah blah stike 2 blah blah strike 3 blaha blaha. It sounds stupid but the more annoying, squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

It may be their word against yours but you still have a legit claim. I had a tire repaired on my Camaro by NTB. When they jacked it up they used a lift that smashed my ground effect. I noticed it the following day and returned with a complaint. Manager came out tried to fix it on the spot, after realizing they bent a support he paid to have my car repaired by a well known body shop.

I know my case is minor compaired to yours but it goes to show that if the manager is willing to keep customers then he will help you out, b/c you complained the day it happened that the ******** hurt your valvetrain.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve,
Since you are a customer of Patriot by running the Stage 2 5.3L.This will covered by our replacement warranty.I will send you a Patriot "GOLD" dual spring kit.

Last edited by TVWilkes; 03-06-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's customer service
Old 03-06-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PG45
I hate dealers.....most people that work in dealers (most not all) are just fools that want to pretend to be mechanics that dont know what the hell they are doing. If they did they would be working at an independent shop where reputation matters. They dont care....the mechanic will just say that it was doin it before. honestly i dont know if you have the money but if i were you i would bring to a reputable shop in you area to get the problem fix and send them the bill with the excuse that they already fucked up the car once, im not lettin them touch it again. Just be prepared to pay out of pocket if they want to be jerkoffs.
Originally Posted by HOTROD98Z
I used to work at a dealer, and i can say that some do have good tech's but there are some out there that don't know what the hell they are doing, ecspecially when it comes to the performance industry. Also it seems like almost all of these dealership owners and managers are only out for themselves and are money hungry pigs, and don't give a damn about the little guy for who the most part makes the money for these ********. If it were me and it is the valvespring that broke because this idiot was abusing your car, i would take it to someone who actually has worked on an LS1 before and get it fixed right, but before that i would get something in writing from the dealer stating they will pay for the repairs, they always like to weasle out of these type of situations. Also on a side note most dealers don't have the slightest clue about anything when it comes to the gen III smallblock, good luck.
HOW IN THE HELL DID YA'LL GET THAT OUT OF A PORTER REVING HIS CAR??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
That has absolutely nothing to do with any of the technicians. 90% of all the dealership techs that I know are GREAT technicians, the other 10% gets fired and I here about them later at independent shops.

Clint
Old 03-06-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
Steve,
Since you are a customer of Patriot by running the Stage 2 5.3L.This will covered by our replacement warranty.I will send you a Patriot "GOLD" dual spring kit.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Steve,
Thank you so much Terry! I called the shop today buy no answer, it's expected on a weekend

I have a couple of questions about the patriot gold springs, installed height ect, nothign crazy. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it since this is my second set of springs from you for free.

-Steve
Old 03-06-2004, 02:21 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Steve, when you pull it apart can you snap a pic, I would like to see if you had the new crane double springs.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man this sounds so typical of these fu@#k tards!! when they take my car they so the same type ****!! once they turn the corner they stomp it...like I can't hear it. So they don't care if you are modded?? Or don't you go in for engine or drivetrain repairs. Were you going to dreamerq's house for the LAN?? I though about going but i'm not really into viedo games but it would be nice to meet all those guys!! Good luck
Old 03-06-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
Steve, when you pull it apart can you snap a pic, I would like to see if you had the new crane double springs.
If i get a chance,more than likely the dealer will be doing it. I can ask for the springs, but I am pretty sure they arent the cranes.

-Steve
Old 03-06-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How do you even know you have a broken spring? Have you pulled a valve cover and looked?
Old 03-06-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Steve,
Great customer service!!!!!