Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i need a breather on valve cover

Old 09-11-2011, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default do i need a breather on valve cover

just got my motor built and drove it home from the tuner fine no leaks or anything under normal driving conditions. As soon as i got home i went out to see how it ran and now there is oil getting shot on the bottom of the hood and on top of the intake from what it appears from the driver's side valve cover. i Have a high volume oil pump and it only does it when i take all the way up to 6-6500rpm. Is it a faulty gasket? doesn't leak if you drive normal and looks like it is shooting out not just leaking. do i need a breather on my vavle covers??
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power steering pump leaking??
Old 09-12-2011, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by little_chewy_69
just got my motor built and drove it home from the tuner fine no leaks or anything under normal driving conditions. As soon as i got home i went out to see how it ran and now there is oil getting shot on the bottom of the hood and on top of the intake from what it appears from the driver's side valve cover. i Have a high volume oil pump and it only does it when i take all the way up to 6-6500rpm. Is it a faulty gasket? doesn't leak if you drive normal and looks like it is shooting out not just leaking. do i need a breather on my vavle covers??
Do you have the PCV hooked up or all the ports blocked on the valve covers? Where does it look like its squirting from? A blocked breather hole, or a gasket? What size motor what mods?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

it was a missing intake bolt causing it to leak problem solved .50 later
but thanks for the advice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: do i need a breather on valve cover