Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some good vendors...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some good vendors...

I am new to the LS platform, sold my LT car last fall and just picked up a project 98 SS. I am in the market for a heads/cam package and am in the midst of doing some research. Is there a good one stop shop for head/cam packages with knowledgable staff and good customer service? I have checked out some of the sponsors and spent quite a bit of time on texas speed but the info on the website is limited. Where do you guys go when in the market for something like this? Please point me in the right direction, thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Websites can only provide the basics, I would phone several places and listen to what they have to say. For head/cam packages I like (in no particular order), Total Engine Airflow, Engine Power Systems, Vengeance Racing, Thunder Racing - and by all means include Texas Speed.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I will try and call around, you would think they would save a ton of call volume by putting something as simple as runner volume on the website. Right now I am leaning towards texas speeds head/cam package but I definately would like more info than what is on the website before I pulled the trigger. I like the sounds of a PRC 2.5 ls6 head but I am not certain how big the runners finish out after their porting. My last build was an LT1 and from what I dug up on here it seems that the 2.5 ls6s are ~230cc which I wouldn't dream of putting on an LT1 street car but the LS1 is a different animal all together and I have a lot to learn.