Sponsored by:

Good Result From Small EPS Cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Result From Small EPS Cam

Hi All
I live in Australia and own a 02 Holden ss ute which is very similar to the 04 gto. Came stock with ls1, m6, ls6 intake but very restrictive tune in comparison yours around 260hp atw.
Have spent a lot of time on here and the Aussie forum reading about baby cams.
Its a daily driver, so wanted torque with good manners and fuel just hit 1.65 a litre here so decent economy.
I emailed patrick g asking for a recommondation and he came back with 218/ 222 114lsa. Contacted Geoff at EPS to have it ground and sent to Aus.
Through work I have lot of experience working on gas turbine engines but not a lot on piston stuff. Thanks to all the info on these forums I decided to have a go at the install myself. Collected a lot of good second hand parts where I could and came up with the following:

EPS 218/222 114 at .595lift
LS2 243 heads (no light weight valves over here)
Comp 918 springs
Yella Terra 1.7 rockers
LS7 lifters
7.450 Comp PR (.080 preload no shims)
Billet 78mm Throttle body
Duspeed (over the radiator) Intake
2.5in dual exhaust, 100 cell high flow cats and pacemaker extractors.
GMM Rip Shifter
Mafless Tune (EFI Live)
LS6 ported and shimmed oil pump
LS2 timing chain
GM MLS gaskets
ARP Bolts

The install went quiet smoothly and had it tuned today. Made just under 350hp atw and a great torque torque curve which I was more intersted in than peak figures. In perspective on the same dyno and tuner it only made 10hp less than a car with a 233/333 similar lift and 241 heads with same manifold and exhaust.

I'm very happy with the end result, its a lot snappier off the line and pulls very strongly through to 6k. Idles nicely and doesnt seem to be too thirsty.
Hope this info helps someone when looking for a similar set up. When I get a few more posts up will put up some pics.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats,,, I have had Geoff cut me two custom cams,, and could not be happier myself, If I need another one for another setup,, EPS is where I'll go.

Quick Reply: Good Result From Small EPS Cam