Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam ideas?

Im looking at doing a cam swap this winter my current set up is in my sig. below. I have a truck as my DD so this car is not my everyday car so im looking at going kinda big with this cam but i dont want to have to change anything eles, anyone have any suggestions or ideas.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Teching In

The problem your going to run into is the limitations of your stock valve train with any real aggressive cam you will need to upgrade your valve springs, usually stock springs can only handle .570 the average performance exceeds that with minimal gains, as well stock ecu settings. What is this vehicle going to b use for, will it see a lot of street use- light to light etc.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CLASSIC YOUNGSTA
The problem your going to run into is the limitations of your stock valve train with any real aggressive cam you will need to upgrade your valve springs, usually stock springs can only handle .570 the average performance exceeds that with minimal gains, as well stock ecu settings. What is this vehicle going to b use for, will it see a lot of street use- light to light etc.
Well i doudt it will see the street in the winter and in summer i bring it out on my days off so there will not be alot of street use.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

If u go with a big cam u best change the spring it help get more miles out of the motor and u eliminate the risk of messing up a motor for a 200.00 set of springs they can be done leavin the heads on the motor as well if u goin to do it u only wanna do it once the second time gets exspensive