Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Race/Hill Climb 346/347 build

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Race/Hill Climb 346/347 build

Hi, new here! im in the process of building an 86 T/A its a Road Race/Hill Climb car. Im using a mild built "Gen l 350" to start learning the hills and the feel of the car on turns W/O killing myself the first season. On a diff. note ive recently been doin some research on LS engines and im seeing more and more of my friends doing LS builds and i want to do a 346/347 build. I am realy new to the LS scene and would like to get started on a built, forged, possible boosted LS. There is gonna be no time on the build meaning no real concern for a budget and the type of car that it could go into could be anything from my T/A to a formula atlantic to a custom frame off road car. Couple things im worried bout are weight, lateral G oil problems and being able to make alot of power W/O it breaking, while putting that power to the road. Basically i want to take hill and track records haha. Sorry for such a long post let me know what you guys think!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

sounds like a fun project. If youre worried about lateral G's lean toward a dry sump oiling system. otherwise I think a well built LS1 should do you good. Just decide first whether youre going boosted or N/A since the internal engine parts will be dependent upon that. If it were me I would think a nice high revving N/A ls1 would be alot of fun in that T/A
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM

Thank you, who sells dry sump systems for LS1's? If i can go with a nasty built N/A LS1 that would be the way i would want to go but what kind of possible HP/TQ numbers am i looking at out of an BUILT N/A LS1?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

I know this much. I worked for a NASCAR K&N Pro Series East team. they run LS2s with a distributor carb and dry sump system. I would contact Wegner Motorsports since they designed that Nascar Spec engine and see where that takes you. They spin those motors to 8000 rpm and our car made 583 hp at the tire
Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 PM

wow thats awsome! well i guess my next question is where do i buy a LS1 block!? and what parts to buy to get in or around thoughs numbers? haha
Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

heck start running through the parts classifieds on here and just see what you come up with. Any of the vendors on Tech are also great to contact and help you put some things together.