Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on my build

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on my build

Ok so I have posted a couple of my ideas on here for my build have gotten a few good ideas and am pointed in the right direction after pouring through a lot of good info on here. So guess what I am doing right now is asking sort of a poll for opinions on my intake setup.

My motor is a stock bottom end 5.3 iron block freshened up, going with a ported ls6 oil pump.

243/799 heads milled not sure how much yet gotta see what I can get away with.

Cam I am really leaning towards getting one custom spec'd and cut by Pat G.

ls2 timing chain, ls7 lifters not sure what springs I should be running I will have to see with the cam.

To top it all off I cant decide which way to go just yet I was going to go with a carb intake and msd 6010 setup, but with being on a budget and really wanting to get it off the ground I was thinking on putting my truck intake back on and have a good tune done for now and see what that got me for numbers right now, and if I was not happy with that go with the carb setup.

This will be going in an s-10 possibly dd and primarily 1/8th mile drag.

From what I have read this should put me in the 400 to 425 hp range??

Will these mods even matter with a stock truck intake? or should I just go carb?
Old 10-08-2011, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

From what I've read, the truck intake flows pretty well. It should suffice until you can go the route you want to go. If the funds are tight, I'd say stick the truck intake on it and see what happens.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Thanks for responding, I think that is the route I am going for the time being, seeing as the parts I dont have are pretty readily available and very reasonable. I was wondering if anybody was gonna respond, it cause im the new guy isnt it?? HAHAHA I appreciate any advice given.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The truck intake can easily feed that 325" engine to the power level you're
after. The long intake runners will help the torque of a small engine as
compared to the shorter carb intake. Also you should pick which way you go
since the cam events could be slightly different depending on the induction.
I'm sure Pat will explain this to ya.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Yes I was hoping that Pat would be able to help me clear up any other questions I have when it comes that time to pull the trigger on the cam. I guess I am mainly conserving funds on everything else to go all out on my cam, well not really going all out but since I am getting it custom cut to my application I guess you would say the cam is my main focal point.

I am sure as I get bored with this setup I will come up with a bigger better combo and save up for it while I play with this setup, I am hoping that its gonna be pretty strong, and that it will give my father in law and brother in law's sbc 383 stroker s-10's a run for their money with far less money. That is my hope any way.