Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Only Comparisons- How will dominate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Cam Only Comparisons- How will dominate?

I think it would be cool if anyone with cam only clips(bolt ons to)would post the clip
cam specs
dyno/ 1/4 times
driveabilty
tuning y/n
It amazes me the variety of power cam only cars make considering some of them make more power at the wheels than some H/C packages. This turns me away from an expensive H/C setup when i can break 400 at the wheels with a cam only setup.

Also, you mathematical drag racers i have an 02 WS6 fully loaded with OEM sized Z06 rims,my guess is my car is aroung 3600 or 3700 lbs(correct me if im wrong)My question is about how much hp do i have to make to break into the mid-high 11's. Right now im running 13.0-1 with horrible 2.0 60ft times. So i figure with some suspenion, sticky tires and a cam i should be able to hit 11's right? If not what is the cheapest way to get my car in the 11's, it is my daily driver so i dont want to slap a huge cam in it and no nitrous(or at least not till i hit a 12.5)

Man i worry to much about making it faster, i say 11's would be nice but 9's soung great to haha. Thanksand hope this thread takes off b/c ther should be some interesting results. From what ive seen Futral,MTI and Thunder Racing all seem to make cams you really cant go wrong with. Bring on the lopeage(not a word).
Old 03-11-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

And dont forget LG & TSP

Because of the weight of the vehicle it will definately take a lot more to get your car to run a mid 11. I think every drag racers first investment should be a set of 15" drag wheels all around,(that in it self will take off weight) and yes you will need a good set of ET Streets or Hoosier QTPs out back. Take off your front sway bar if you havent already. Get some suspension items, at least some shocks up front will help out. Start will all your basic bolt-ons first: TB, Lid w/filter, LT headers, pulley, etc. Then decided of all the sweet new cams available out there now, which one you want. You will definately need some tuning with all this. Oh, and it looks like you are an M6, correct? You will most definately need a 12-bolt if you are pushing close to 400 rwhp, on sticky tires with that heavy of a car.

Good Luck!
Old 03-11-2004, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Yeah i know whats there and what i need to do(work for $)I guess i just really needed a reality check. I dont care what mods i do as long as i have a 12 bolt im just afraid to do anything with that 10 bolt. I need some suspension to help my 10 bolt last b/c that wheel hop is going to kill it.