Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

i have been having issues with my 99 camaro ss lately. for some reason when i step on it or i drive it hard and park it after that, it wont want to start again. the motor turns, but it just doesnt start. i dont know what the problem is. i thought it was the clutch that wasnt engaging because i have the bad hydraulics since my car is a 99. i replaced my clutch and hydraulics and it still does the same thing. i am thinking that my problem could be the fuel pump or something of that nature. can anybody here give me ideas as to what it could be? this only happens when i step hard on my car and then park it and try to start it again. once it has sat for about 10 minutes then it starts up. what can be this problem? anybody had this issue before? please any input would be helpful. thanks alot
Old 03-13-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttttttt
Old 03-14-2004, 01:29 AM
11 Second Club

i am having almost this exact same problem. Is your car making a noise when it starts, or tries to start? I can drive it, turn it off and try to recrank and it sounds like the motor tries to turn and cant, but if i floor the car it starts..like a kaakaa..kaakkaaa(gas)kaavrooooom and fires up
Old 03-14-2004, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Your fuel pump is becoming weak. This is usally a problem on the pick-ups. The fuel pump is weak so it has to work overtime to supply the needed fuel it overheats and shuts off. The 10 minutes allows the pump to cool and it will begin to operate again. If you can't afford a pump right now installing a fresh fuel filter can help.