Sponsored by:

HELP complete my shopping list

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP complete my shopping list

Just ordered my trex cam kit
anyways i am going to be changing the oil pump and timng chain while im in there.
I like the double roller from scoogin dickey and the one from tsp. My question about that is whats this about if you use a double chain you have to use spacers and change the gears or something? can some please elaborate on this to me and do these kits include this? how about in the futur when i add asp pulley will it still fit?

as far as the oil pump i think i will get the ls6 from gmpartsdirect for 55 bucks. when replacing the oil pump you dont have to remove any more stuff than you do during the cam install do you? just making sure i will have all my gaskets. thanks for the help
Old 03-14-2004, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

The rollmaster double roller chain comes with the necessary spacers. Make sure you have the O-ring for the oil pump pick-up tube. The larger chain will not effect any balancer install. P.S. wait until you have the ASP balancer before you do the install. No sense doing the balancer install twice.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Launching!

what you mean no wait till i have the asp. when i get it all i will ahve to is pull the balacer right? i man i wont have to pull anything will I? Thanks for the help
wheres the cheapest place for me to get that timing chain? what exactly do the spacers do i dont want get the wrong clearance? also more importantly who has these in stock
Old 03-14-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF I were you (and I recently upgraded a FEW things on the SS) try to deal with one sponsor for everything. Thunder will have everything you need. Talk to Paul or Angie there are great to work with. Tell them exactly what you want to do with the car and they will hook you up. I personally wouldn't go with another "stock" oil pump. Again I believe Thunder has a nice aftermarket oil pump.

I would also say to read through the install before you buy anything. That way you'll know about what you need.

Try this link for a great write up on the cam install www.ls1howto.com

David
Old 03-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Launching!

the only problem with thunder is the valve springs are out of stock, i have emailed them asking when they will have them but no response yet probally hear from them tommorrow. i will probally just go back with a stock ls6 pump and use a timing chain from my local auto parts store. thanks for the help