Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the biggest cam I can go with for a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is the biggest cam I can go with for a daily driver?

I have the G5X-3 on a 114 but I feel it may be too big. I notice a lot of tuners have trouble getting the dip out of the hp and torque curve around 3500. I want to run the biggest cam possible with reliabilty and excellent power across the curve.

BTW... the car is a M6
Old 03-14-2004, 09:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it really depends on a few thing...first being tolerability second if its an auto or manual car. Everyone has their own ideals of what works as a DD I went with the tsp cam because i think its right on the edge for my car & combo...its not nearly the biggest cam out there but it close enough to where i want to be.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

What people consider a daily driver varies greatly from person to person. Things like how much stall with an auto, or how much gear with a manual. While both of these are important, just as important is the tune. The tune will make or break the way a car runs. I had a 230/238 in my old setup and could drive in city traffic all day. My new forged setup will have a TRex v2 and I feel confident that RMS will have it dialed in just as good. If you could find a car close by with the X-3 you may try to talk the owner into taking you for a spin to see what it acts like.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Launching!

with enough tuning you can make most of these larger cams run fine..even in heavy traffic...but in my opinion, what is daily driveable is whatever your willing to put up with every day, some guys want everything smooth as can be, and some people dont mind the surge and bumpy midrange curve of the bigger cams