Sponsored by:

Help, no start issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, no start issue

Little background on the car:

Lincoln LS w/ 02 Camaro LS1/t56 swap. Yes that one.

I was in the process of changing the aftermarket gauges
Autometer
-Tach
-Speedo
-Water temp
-fuel level

Swapped them out with just different style autometer gauges. Decided I knew how the wiring went and unplugged everything...went to put in the new gauges and realized stuff wasn't lining up how I wanted and I'd need to lengthen/shorten some wires so I decided not to run the new gauges yet and do the wiring later. Did my best to plug the old gauges back in and thought I had everything right.
Started the car up and the tach was working, speedo was at 0 obviously, gas gauge was WAY off so I obviously had that hooked up wrong, same with water temp.
It was running fine no stumble or anything, then all of a sudden shut off like I turned it off. Went to restart and wouldn't even engage the starter. Took the key out and went to restart and it just cranks, won't fire. I can't hear the fuel pump priming but I never really could hear it before. It cranks and cranks and cranks just won't fire. Sometimes it will crank and crank then just stop cranking like the signal is cut off.

Is there an MPI or fuel pump relay/fuse I could have blown with the fuel level gauge? That's the only thing i'm thinking. The Tach/Speedo have an IN signal so those shouldn't effect anything, also the water temp gauge is a stand-alone gauge with it's own sensor. Shouldn't effect the ecu.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrong forum.