Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

243 head experts please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 243 head experts please

I have been reading a lot of threads and internet gospel on head porting, flow numbers, velocity, etc...including Tony Mamo's head flow comparison (geeze would I love to know what the "c" 215cc heads were!). Based on my studies, I want to have my 01' Z06 heads worked in the following manner.

Very mild if any porting on the intake to retain velocity...just bowl blended and a VJ. Full porting on the exhaust side.
2.02 valves
Milled--Don't know how much but I have access to and normally run 93 octane and I live at 5000'

For now I will be running the stock cam with 1.85 rockers (@ .555 lift). A medium lift, 220ish duration cam will probably go in next year. I figure its best to do the heads now and have a cam speced later.

I'm really looking for more torque for mountain driving and roll on acceleration.
No 1/4 mile track time. Likely some autocrossing or road course driving.

Any thoughts on what I might gain and what the ballpark cost would be?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Look on Advanced Inductions web site, they have a couple different options that include exactly what your looking for.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What sort of road racing are you planning on doing? If you end up running time trials you need to be careful of what mods you do, as you can end up in a class higher than you really want to run...
Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not really sure, just want to get my feet wet. It's gonna be tough this year because of my work schedule but an event or two would be nice. A few weekday track sessions at High Plains this summer is likely. I just don't want a 1/4 mile vette. My 99' T/A will take on those duties....someday.

From looking at flow numbers, it seems there is little benefit going to larger than stock valves. I'm going to just have them ported and milled.