Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Heads

Old 03-18-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Heads

Per request of PSJ i started my own thread.

With all these results from sponsors running great times with their heads, how is it that a buddy has paid good money for a set and had issues with them. The valve job looked like a Helen Keller setup. We tested them with food coloring in some rubbing alcohol and WOW the alcohol leaked OUT in all chambers in a matter of seconds. WE sent them back to Patriot only to get another JUNK *** set of heads. Same issue. We had a local guy do a valve job for us to get them to seal up in hopes of making somewhat decent power.

Guess what? The heads are (you guessed it)are not making any power. This is a nitrous build up motor that makes way less than my cam only setup does through a t400 and a 9". Just because its a nitrous setup doesnt mean it cant make power NA. I believe Patriot was even given the specs on the cam shaft to port a set of heads to match.

Originally Posted by Arctic98Z
agreed! Also, I believe if you will do a little reading around, you should find this issue as since been resolved. There are posts dating as far back as December be Terry (?) from Patriot explaining the valve seals issue and how they have switched over to a new type.....
As far as your comment is concerned, THESE HEADS WERE RECENTLY PURCHASED FROM PATRIOT! BTW, we arent talking about VALVE SEALS.....its the VALVES ability to seat and seat completely. Id like to keep this thread open as this is NOT the only two sets out there. HPE of Dallas (Formerly MMT) also recieved a bunk *** seat of heads as well. Instead of sending them back their ex- in house machinist re worked the heads and Im sure they will make great power behind the customers 395ci nitrous motor.

Patriot, What seems to be the problem on why you cant build a set of heads worth a flip????? Is it the cheap labor you pay your guys or what?

Mike
Old 03-18-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

do you have a v6 as you name implies? If so then why you commenting on PP heads? If its your friends car let him post. I JUST GOT my heads last week and put them on, they were fine in every aspect. Mines on a D1 car as well. What kind of power is it putting out? Give some more info..got a dyno graph? Also you had someone else do a valve job after the fact? Your not gonna get much resolved now.

Last edited by 5-liter-eater; 03-18-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lets see how terry explains this one...
Old 03-18-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

READ THE RULES AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM.

Have your friend register and post his results. No Bandwagoning allowed period.

Search this Thread