Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My little project (cam swap/intro)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My little project (cam swap/intro)

So I finally got a day of waiting on my hands and decided to take some pictures, and to make this post. I've been trolling these forums for months taking in a ton of useful (and sometimes not so useful) information and getting ready for my nice little project that I am now on the downhill slope of.

The car is a 99 SS M6 with 193k on the clock, purchased it in Late Dec. and it came to me with a few basic bolt ons - lid, catback (slp), 4.10s, STB, and a Pro 5.0 shifter. The guy I bought the car from said it also had a McLeod clutch put in at 180k (I believe him for the most part, will find out when the motor finally blows) and thats about it for how it came to my driveway.

I've been working on the car off and on for about a week now and have gotten headers installed, prothane motor mounts installed, cam swap almost completed - waiting on gaskets, and valve springs swapped out. Things I have left to do are to pull the intake and valley cover to change to the LS6 style cover and I also have a new LS6 intake waiting to go on, install the TSP ORY, O2 sensors and my suspension mods. The suspension is just getting a few basic things, LCAs with relocating brackets, panhard and adjustable TA with relocating crossmember. Anyways, enough of the text... time for pics!

Front of the engine still disassembled, waiting on gaskets and my harmonic balancer installer to show up from colorado speed

ORY still waiting for my fat *** to get under the car again(still sore!!!)

Intake and the valley cover still waiting to go on, going to finish this up this morning I think.

The old cam, motor mounts and pushrods maybe in this pic

And this was my valentines present from my lovely fiance!

And for memory lane - my 96z

and my 1980 z28

I really miss the 1980, I bought it for $250 when I was still in high school with no engine or trans. Was my first project car and where I first started learning body work (I suck at it!) It was a very rewarding experience and a ton of time was sunk into the car, but in my ignorance sold it shortly after I bought the 96. Oh well, live and learn!

Another final note, a shout out to the forum vendors as I bought everything except for my LS6 intake from an ls1tech sponsor and i'm looking forward to getting to be around this board more often!