Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 camaro 140k miles...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 camaro 140k miles...

Z28 with a 6 speed, just bought 2 weeks ago....

So far I've done a royal purple oil change, k&n oil filter, new air filter,

Changed all pulleys and tensioners on motor(including harmonic balancer), both belts...

Ordered new rotors and pads all the way around, bought some royal purple for transmission(not in yet), bought some iridium spark plugs(haven't changed yet, pass side looks hard), I'm still gonna buy royal purple for differential...

What else can I do to bring this car back up to par?

I do plan on building it up but I wanna make sure everything is ready to take abuse...

Also is there anything specific flaws with 99 model that need to be addressed? I noticed the oil guage, bounce around alittle(maybe 5 psi) not all the time tho, is this normal? Idle readings around 40-42 warmed up, around 58 crusing...

Oh and I'm pretty sure motor mounts and tranny mount need to be replaced, is it necessary to do all at once? Like if I just did tranny mount first would it mess up again cause motor mounts bad? Or no?

Anyways any help would be appreciated , thx!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would probably bleed the brakes and the clutch. Also change out the power steering fluid, and also change out the coolant. Other than that, not too much to do.

The oil pressure sounds okay to me.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

K, as for the power steering fluid, it keeps seem to be disappearing, whole steering assembly on driver side wet
Old 02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Other issues being both power windows seem really weak and don't always wanna work